MentalHealthPH is committed to upholding your right to privacy and maintaining the confidentiality of your personal data, similar to how we promote and protect your mental health.
What data will be collected
To facilitate the improvement of the availability and functionality of this platform, we shall collect the following data each time you interact with Kapwa:
- Facebook/ Instagram Account Name
- Device Identification
- Cookie Information
- IP address
- Data and time (start and end) of engagement with Kapwa
- Operating System
- Type of browser you’re using to access the service
- Page or feature you’ve requested
- Communications and information sent to Kapwa
Through Mobile Monkey’s Analytics, we can track and analyze your chat data and gain insights on how to better improve your experience and how we may provide better mental health support. Only non-identifiable data are analyzed.
How data is used
We collect, process, and store your data to provide you with a better experience with Kapwa, including but not limited to the future development of the chatbot as well as related program planning. Your data may also be processed for statistical research purposes, and thereafter may be shared as a form of scholarly work in conference presentations and scholarly journals, with the objective of improving the innovative services on mental health care offered under Kapwa. In any case, strict confidentiality of your information will be maintained at all times.
Who uses your data
Your data is accessed and used by the staff of MentalHealthPH and duly authorized program officers involved in the operation and management of Kapwa. A ll these persons have a legitimate interest in the proper processing and use of your data for carrying out their duties. Likewise, these persons are under the obligation at all times to protect your data, upload your data privacy rights, and comply with existing and applicable Philippines law, regulations and policies on privacy and data protection.
How data is stored; When and how data is disposed/destroyed
Your data will be safely and securely stored in our database. Retention and disposal of your data shall be made in accordance with Data Privacy Act. All data extracted from the database will be anonymized and will be stored under appropriate data security measures for a maximum period of 10 years; provided, that the data may be stored as may be reasonably necessary for the purposes of Kapwa and the research activities relating to it (the “Retention Period”), after which the data will be destroyed. Within the Retention Period, the data acquired may be used for secondary analysis. No attempts to identify and deanonymize the individual users of Kapwa and their personal information will be done.
Your data will be stored following these conditions:
- The data will be stored in a Mobile Monkey database Services cloud service, with a default encryption mechanism and database access and management with access limited to the Kapwa chatbot developers only.
- Your personal data will be stored in the database for purposes of compiling usage statistics for future project development and program planning.
Your rights as a data subject
As our data subject, you may avail of the guarantees provided by Section 16 of the Data Privacy Act of 2012, which includes the following:
- Right to be informed – You are notified and informed of your rights as well as the use of the data collected in the course of your engagement with Kapwa;
- Right to object – Data collection is done prior to and during your engagement with Kapwa. Your right to object to the collection of data is exercised when you opt to refuse to click the “I understand” button which appears before you are granted access to the Kapwa app services.
- Right to access – You may request access the personal data collected through Kapwa by emailing email@example.com.
- Right to rectify – Submission of a request to rectify or correct your personal record is done by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to erasure or blocking – When the information collected is no longer necessary for the purposes of Kapwa, or when the data retention period has already lapsed, you have the right to request for the removal or erasure of such personal information in our database.
- Right to file a complaint – If your personal information has been misused, maliciously disclosed or improperly disposed, or that any of your data privacy rights have been violated, you have the right to file a complaint with the National Privacy Commission
- Right to the payment of damages – You may claim for compensation if you suffered damages due to improper or unauthorized use of personal data.
How you will be notified of the changes in our Policy
We reserve the right, acting reasonably, to modify our Policy at any time and in our sole discretion, and will publish notice of any such modification on this channel. Any modification is effective immediately upon posting.
To ask any questions or make comments on this Policy and our privacy practices, or to make a complaint about our compliance with applicable privacy laws, you may reach us by emailing email@example.com.
Links to external websites